Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)
CAREERS: THE NEXT GENERATION
Student and employer opportunities
STEP is back to help employers hire students:
The Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) provides funding to eligible Alberta employers to hire high school or post-secondary students into summer jobs from May to August.
For more information: https://www.alberta.ca/step.aspx
- Closes February 8, 2019
The Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) allows students to begin apprenticeship training in a trade while still in high school.
- These placement requests come directly from High School Off Campus teachers.
- Student are prequalified and have researched their chosen trade.
- Students will complete a CAREERS: The Next Generation trades application and will provide a resume and cover letter upon request.
- Students in the Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) are covered under the WCB coverage of Alberta Education.
- Placements are supported by the Off Campus teachers and CAREERS: The Next Generation Field Director (Saroeun Keuth-Ray).
Please contact me if you would like more details regarding RAP or if you would like to receive student specific information.