Info and Practical Advice
Buying a New Home
In the market for a new home? Here is the information, ideas and practical advice you need.
| Why Buy New?
Find out what new homes can offer.
If you're thinking about a new home,
this is where to start.
| Steps to Owning a New Home
Home buying should be
an enjoyable and
| Choosing Your Builder
New home builders deliver
more selection, service and
satisfaction than ever before.
Look for the Logo
The CHBA logo is a symbol of quality craftsmanship, professional service and sound business practice. CHBA Members abide by a strict Code of Ethics and are experts in the field of residential construction.
Why Look for the logo?
- The CHBA has a strong tradition of excellence.
- All CHBA Members abide by a strict Code of Ethics. Prior to gaining membership in the Association, all companies undergo a thorough review process which includes multiple background and business checks.
- All CHBA Builders provide third-party warranty coverage. This is a mandatory condition of membership.
- CHBA Members are constantly learning. They have access to all sorts of studies and reports, technical updates and educational sessions.
- Not all homebuilders are CHBA members. This is why it’s important to Look for the logo when choosing a homebuilder, supplier, renovator or trade.
Concerns and Conflicts
Building a home can be a lengthy process. Your builder or sales representative works closely with you to keep you informed throughout the building progress. CHBA builder members strive to provide exceptional service and communication but if you have a concern, CHBA recommends the following steps:
- Contact the builder, renovator, contractor to discuss your concern;
- Warranty concerns should be directed to your warranty provider;
- Contact your local CHBA office.
Downloadable documents to take you through the buying process:
Scholarship Application BILD Lethbridge FINALDownloadread more
Date: February 28, 2019 Cost: FREELocation: Sandman Inn Hotel - Chinook Ballroom421 Mayor Magrath Drive, Lethbridge Presentations: 4 – 5:30 pm President's Report 2018 Financial Statements GUEST SPEAKER: City Manager Bramwell Strain City...read more