Why Become a Member?
WHY BECOME A MEMBER? WE BRING INDUSTRY TOGETHER TO INFLUENCE AND ADVOCATE ON THEIR BEHALF
- The Home building industry employs over 2700 people in the City and invests over $384 million into the Lethbridge economy.
- The CHBA is focused on building entire communities, not just houses. Currently, we are involved in:
- Partnerships with local schools to introduce careers to students
- Partnership with the Lethbridge College to deliver enhanced educational opportunities
- Partnership with local technical industry to deliver advanced job skills for new workers
- Delivering scholarships to apprentices
Focused on Improving your Business:
- Active with local government and agencies, advocating for the best interest of business and community vitality
- Pro-active education on changing Building Codes, Environmental Regulations & Occupational Health and Safety Ticketing that can save your business thousands in potential lost time and fines.
- Comprehensive Insurance Policy – the only one of its kind in Canada designed specifically for the construction industry.
- Members using members’ philosophy
Raising the Bar in Industry:
- Business & Technical Education for all types of members
- Collaboration with local government and City Administration to enhance safety, ethics and accountability of the housing industry
- Advanced safety programs for members
- Several structured and productive committee focusing on the issues and initiatives important to all members
- 3 seats on Team Lethbridge (Provincial government Advocacy Group)
- Parade of Homes
- Home & Garden Show
- Building the Best Awards Ceremony
- Monthly magazine
- Membership Directory
- Several monthly activities designed to get your business in the face of others in the industry
- Member showcase, Awards, President Reception, Human Resources, Golf Tournament, Bridge Builder Lobster dinner, Christmas Party, casual mix n’ mingles and more!
Resources for Non – Members:
Scholarship Application BILD Lethbridge FINALDownloadread more
Date: February 28, 2019 Cost: FREELocation: Sandman Inn Hotel - Chinook Ballroom421 Mayor Magrath Drive, Lethbridge Presentations: 4 – 5:30 pm President's Report 2018 Financial Statements GUEST SPEAKER: City Manager Bramwell Strain City...read more